The Crafty Chica Creates!: Latinx-Inspired DIY Projects with Spirit and Sparkle
This is a signed copy, limited amounnt of copies. Please leave a note for personalization details.
45 projects—26 completely new joining 19 previous favorites—get fun techniques for painting, sewing, mixed media, clay, and paper crafts using affordable and recycled materials. While some are more in-depth than others, the projects are ideal for all skill levels. The Crafty Chica welcomes you to infuse the projects with elements of your own cultural heritage to make them personal and unique.
Each project is presented with a materials list, clear step-by-step instructions, a large photo of the finished project, and the personal and cultural history behind it.
Organized by category—Clothing, Artful Affirmations, Home Accessories, Jewelry and Accessories, Garden Decorations, and Fiesta—the projects include:
- Milagros (miracle charms) layered resin phone grip
- Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) papier-mache dog sculpture
- Stamped clay folk-art boxes and ring dish
- A stunning poncho made from Mexican scarves
- A picture frame upcycled with an embroidered blouse
As you embrace the Latino culture or let your cultural heritage shine with creative crafts, you’ll discover:
- Innovative ways to work with a wide range of materials, including air-dry clay, resin, and fabric
- How to fully embrace vivid color palettes
- Ways of repurposing everyday supplies into gorgeous art pieces that make great gifts
- Great techniques for sculpting, sewing, painting, and embellishing that will boost skills and confidence
Whether you are looking for dazzling things to make for group crafting, to decorate your casa or workplace, to release stress and lift your mood, or for gift giving, The Crafty Chica Creates! is your friendly, inspiring guide.